Posted Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Inc. (TCAT, Inc.) is looking for a vehicle mechanic to join our team. Candidates must have the ability to perform routine servicing and preventive maintenance. Diesel and heavy vehicle experience preferred. Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
- Routine servicing and preventative maintenance of transit fleet including: Lubrications, oil changes, tire repairs, welding, tune-ups, electrical repairs, body and paint repairs
- Completing major repair work including: engine overhaul or replacement, clutch replacement, standard and automatic transmissions, drive line, differential, air brakes, body modifications, diesel and gas engine repair
- Using specialized electronic equipment for diagnosis and repair of computerized controls on
engines and transmissions
- Completing work orders on all repair and maintenance work performed
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent GED and be a graduate of an accredited school with certification in diesel technology is desirable; an Associate’s degree in that field preferred;
- Must possess a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with air brake endorsement or obtain license within 3 months of hire date.
- Minimum three years mechanical experience working on diesel engines in a heavy equipment environment with vehicles over 18,000 pounds;
- Skilled in the use of tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of heavy duty equipment
- Must be experienced in air brakes diagnosis and repair
- Must provide basic mechanic hand tools
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers and work independently.
- Possess good communication skills and be able to deal with co-workers and management in a positive manner.
- Ability to use computer and access information
- Ability to exercise good judgment with respect to bus repairs and equipment safety.
Full - Time Bus Operator
Posted Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, (TCAT) Inc. is looking for Full Time Bus Operators to be responsible for driving a transit bus on fixed routes in the TCAT service area. Must be 21 years of age, have a high level of customer service skills, a professional attitude and a Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) or a willingness to obtain one. TCAT will train for passenger endorsement. Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
- Drive a transit bus on fixed routes (and one demand and response route), as assigned, in the TCAT service area.
- Follow route schedules, timetables and comply with instructions.
- Create and maintain a positive and friendly atmosphere providing the customer polite and courteous service at all times.
- Provide information and direction through listening and interacting with passengers to help meet their needs.
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection checks as required by NYS law before departing the garage; complete Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess clean and valid Commercial Drivers’ License or be willing to obtain one.
- Be able to meet NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law’s 19-A requirements, including physical examination.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Possess good knowledge of safe driving practices, vehicle traffic laws and regulations.
- Must be able to drive in all types of weather.
- Possess good communication and customer service skills and be able to relate to customers and fellow works in a positive manner.
Full Time TCAT employees receive a competitive wage and have an excellent benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and free transportation.
TCAT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be a violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Please click on the links below for additional information.
Click here for information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Click here for more information on the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Click here for more information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILES
TCAT Application & EEO