Full - Time Bus Operator
Posted Friday, January 24, 2014
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, (TCAT) Inc. is looking for Full Time Bus Operators to be responsible for driving a transit bus on fixed routes in the TCAT service area. Must be 21 years of age, have a high level of customer service skills, a professional attitude and a Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) or a willingness to obtain one. TCAT will train for passenger endorsement. Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
- Drive a transit bus on fixed routes (and one demand and response route), as assigned, in the TCAT service area.
- Follow route schedules, timetables and comply with instructions.
- Create and maintain a positive and friendly atmosphere providing the customer polite and courteous service at all times.
- Provide information and direction through listening and interacting with passengers to help meet their needs.
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection checks as required by NYS law before departing the garage; complete Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess clean and valid Commercial Drivers’ License or be willing to obtain one.
- Be able to meet NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law’s 19-A requirements, including physical examination.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Possess good knowledge of safe driving practices, vehicle traffic laws and regulations.
- Must be able to drive in all types of weather.
- Possess good communication and customer service skills and be able to relate to customers and fellow works in a positive manner.
TCAT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be a violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Please click on the links below for additional information.
Click here for information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Click here for more information on the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Click here for more information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILES
TCAT Application & EEO