Posted Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Inc. (TCAT, Inc.) is looking for a Custodian to perform a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, sanitary, orderly and safe environment, and perform amenities work as required. Pre-employment drug test and background check are required.
- Facility Cleaning and Amenities Maintenance
- Clean, mop and sanitize restrooms and locker rooms on a daily basis
- Sweep title floors and vacuum all carpet areas daily
- Clean and disinfect all sinks, toilets and sink areas including drinking fountains daily
- Cleanup spills, mirrors, fixtures, etc.
- Shampoos, and spot cleans carpets and furniture, washes windows inside and out
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors as per the predetermined schedule
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools, buffers, auto scrubbers, high pressure washer, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment for the purposes of cleaning.
- Ability to perform general maintenance and custodial duties in buildings.
- Minimum of one year experience in custodial services.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel between facilities.
- Knowledge of custodial products and application procedures to insure employee safety.
- Contact with cleaning fluids, toxic fumes and solvents.
- Noise level is moderate to moderately loud due to running of cleaning equipment.
- May work variable shifts.
- Work is performed inside/outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Occasional overtime may be required as approved by management.
- Employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
- Work requires the ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch and climb ladders on a regular basis in the performance of custodial work.
TCAT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be a violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILES
TCAT Application & EEO