Attn: Your current web browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. We recommend that you download and install Firefox or upgrade your Internet Explorer application to version 7 or 8. At that point not only will this site look and function properly but other sites you've been visiting will be improved as well.
Full Time Bus Operator
Posted Monday August 18, 2014
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Inc. (TCAT) is looking for motivated individuals to fill our full-time Bus Driver jobs. Drivers are responsible for driving transit buses on fixed routes in the TCAT service area.
Become a bus driver with us!
Our drivers enjoy:
• Competitive wages
• Excellent benefits
• Free transportation
As one of our Bus Drivers, you will work on a transit bus and will be assigned fixed routes and one demand and response route.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Following transportation route schedules and timetables while complying with instructions
• Creating and maintaining a positive and friendly atmosphere, providing customers with polite and courteous service
• Providing information and direction to the public through listening and interacting with the customers with the intent to meet their needs
• Performing pre-trip vehicle inspection checks as required by NYS law before departing the garage; completing Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
Qualified candidates for the Bus Driver position must have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Possess clean and valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or be willing to obtain one
• Meet NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law's 19-A requirements, including physical examination
• Drivers must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test as well as be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
• Possess good knowledge of safe driving practices and vehicle traffic laws and regulations
• Must be able to drive in all types of weather
• Possess good communication and customer service skills and professional attitude
Full Time TCAT employees receive a competitive wage and have an excellent benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and free transportation.
TCAT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be a violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILES
TCAT Application & EEO