Workshops and Resources for Seniors
Way2Go offers a range of educational materials, presentations or workshops, and opportunities to collaborate, which might be helpful to you.
Transportation Options for Seniors
Way2Go offers FREE informative workshops that educate participants on the transportation options available that would assist them in retiring from driving, and maintaining their independence. These workshops are offered at Lifelong Learning, as well as at senior housing facilities throughout Tompkins County such as McGraw House, Titus Towers and Juniper Manor. Visit Lifelong online to view their course catalog and to register.
Topics covered include:
- Tips on how to be “road safe” while driving
- When to consider driver retirement
- How to stay active, even without a vehicle
- Medical transportation information
- ADA Paratransit and ½ price TCAT passes for seniors
- Volunteer driver programs
- Carsharing and Ridesharing in Tompkins County
Bus(t) a Move, Discover TCAT
Seniors who want to learn more about the TCAT bus system can do so in a new FREE workshop created by Way2Go. “Bus(t) A Move for Seniors” will cover the advantages of using the bus, how seniors can register for 1/2 price bus fare, popular destinations you can reach by bus, and how to transfer buses.
A free bus ride on TCAT is organized for participants on a date after the workshop.