TCAT will again adjust service starting Mon., March 30, due to a drastic drop in ridership.
Details will be announced later today, Thurs., March 26.
TCAT implemented service reductions on March 19, but ridership has since plummeted to an all time low due to more people following advice to stay home and practice social distancing to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.
Given the unpredictability of the COVID-19 crisis, TCAT might need to make additional and sudden changes throughout the service period. Riders are strongly urged to check TCAT’s Bus Tracker and MyStop and other apps before boarding.
The following schedule is in effect until Mon., March 30.
No changes to routes 11S; 14; 14S; 40; 41; 53; 65; 74; 75; 77 & 81
Routes not operating are 11N; 83; 83W & 93.
The following routes are to be adjusted as follows:
- Route 10: Frequency will be reduced to every 24 minutes.
- Route 11: Last outbound trip from Green St. Station starts at 8:08 p.m.; last inbound trip from College Circle Apartments departs at 8:30 p.m.
- Route 13: Weekday: No 8:38 a.m. trip or 8:50 a.m. northbound trips from Seneca St. Station to Stewart Park. No 6:49 a.m. or 7:49 a.m. southbound trips from Lake St @ Ithaca High School to Green St. Station. Saturday: No 8 a.m. trip.
- Route 15: Weekdays: No 4:47 p.m. and 5:47 p.m. trips from Seneca St. Station. Saturday: No 2:55 p.m., 3:55 p.m. and 4:55 p.m. trips from Seneca St Station. Sundays: no change.
- Route 17: Normal service on routes that are scheduled to operate.
- Route 20: No 6:55 a.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station; no 7:23 a.m. inbound trip from Enfield Highway Department.
- Route 21: No 6:32 a.m. outbound trip from Seneca St. Station and no 5:03 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. outbound trips from Vet School. No 7 a.m., 5:53 p.m. or 9:10 p.m. inbound trips from Aubles Trailer Park.
- Route 30: Buses will depart Green St Station hourly from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.; then every half hour from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and then again every hour from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. No weekend service, riders are advised to use Route 70.
- Route 31: No 4:35 p.m.; 5:40 p.m.; 9:05 p.m.; 10:10 p.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station. (NOTE: The 8:05 p.m. outbound trip will now depart 8:10 p.m. from Green St. Station.) No 8 a.m.; 5:08 p.m.; 6:13 p.m. inbound trips from Convenient Care.
- Route 32: No 7:45 a.m.; 4:30 p.m.; 5:30 p.m.; or 10:00 p.m. outbound trips from Green St. Station. No 7:12 a.m. inbound trip from Northwood Apts. No, 8:21 a.m., 5:11 p.m., or 6:11 p.m. inbound trips from Ithaca-Tompkins International Airport. No Friday-only trips, specifically no 10:25 p.m. inbound trip from Northwood Apts. or the 11 p.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station.
- Route 36: No 3:27 p.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station; no 8:25 a.m. inbound trip from Lake @ Ithaca High School; no 8:57 a.m. or 9:17 a.m. inbound trip from Stewart Park; and no 4:02 p.m. inbound trip from Lansing School.
- Route 37: No 12:20 p.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station and no 1 p.m. inbound trip from Lansing Town Hall.
- Route 43 (Express): No 6:55 a.m. or 4:30 p.m. outbound trips from Green St. Station. No 7:22 a.m. or 5:08 p.m. inbound trips from TC3/ Dryden
- Route 51: Monday through Saturday:No 6:32 a.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station and no 7:05 a.m. inbound trips from East Hill Plaza.
- Route 52: No 6:58 a.m. from Green St. Station and no 7:20 a.m. inbound trip from Caroline Turnaround.
- Route 67: No 5:26 a.m. outbound trip from Seneca St. Station and no 5:48 a.m. inbound trip from Newfield Central School.
- Route 70: Saturday buses will depart Green St Station hourly from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.; every half hour from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and then again every hour from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday buses will depart Green St Station every half hour from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Route 72: Saturday: No 10:15 p.m. or 11:25 p.m. outbound trips from Green St Station. No 9:33 p.m. or 10:48 p.m. inbound trips from the ITH airport. On Sunday, no 7 a.m. outbound trip from Green St Station and no inbound 7:45 a.m. trip from the airport.
- Route 82: Will reduce frequency to 30 minutes between 7:08 a.m. inbound trip leaving Vet Medical Center and the 7:50 p.m. inbound trip leaving East Hill Plaza.
- Route 90: No trips starting after 11 p.m. No Sunday service.
- Route 92: No trips starting after 11p.m.
As announced earlier, Green St. Station indoor waiting area will be closed until further notice.