Enjoy the freedom and convenience of having bus privileges loaded right onto your student ID card. Keep reading to find out how!
Ithaca College Students
IC students can purchase pass privileges at a discounted rate loaded right onto their IC student ID card. Special pass options designed specifically for IC students are:
- 15-Rides – Zone 1 $15 or Zone 2 $20
- 31 Days – Zone 1 $30 or Zone 2 $40
- IC Fall Semester (August 1 through December 31) – Zone 1 $110 or Zone 2 $145
- IC Spring Semester (January 1 through May 31) – Zone 1 $110 or Zone 2 $145
- IC Summer Semester (June 1 through August 15) – Zone 1 $45 or Zone 2 $60
To purchase an IC student pass online:
1. Set up an account. It will only take a few minutes. Need help setting up your account? Follow the instructions below or click here to view the “How to set up an account” video, which will walk you through the process.
- Click here to register for an account and click on “not registered?”
- Enter a valid email address. A message will be emailed to you with a link.
- Check your email for a message with ‘TCAT TCard Registration’ as its subject line and follow the link provided to complete your registration. (If you do not get a message almost immediately, check your junk or spam mail folder)
- Enter a username and password and any of the optional contact information (if you choose) and click “register”
2. Link your ID card to your account
Once you have an account set up you will be able to purchase and activate pass privileges on your student ID card online:
- Click here to Login to your account
- Click on the “Register Card” tab
- Enter the number on your ID card in the “Card Data” box and select the “Ithaca College Student Card” option
- Click “Add” (The RFID box will be blank)
*Note: If you get an “Invalid Card” Message
You can only link your ID to one account! If you try to register your card and you get an “invalid card” message, you may have already registered your card under a different account / username. If you are unable to remember your original username, contact TCAT customer service at (607) 277-7433 and we can look it up for you.
3. Add rides to your card
- Click on the “Manage Cards” tab
- Click on “Recharge Card”
- Select your pass type and checkout through Paypal
If you do not have internet access, call the TCAT office at 277-RIDE during business hours and you can pay with a Visa or Mastercard over the phone.
*Please note: The IC photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box-and read electronically-in order to ride at no cost. It may take 1-2 days for your new bus pass to work on the bus. In the meantime, please carry an alternate fare.
If you purchase your semester pass before you purchase a 15 ride, or 31 day pass, at their discounted rates, you will not be able to use them until your semester pass has expired at the end of the semester. So, if you want to ride the bus before an IC semester pass becomes active, purchase your 15 ride or 31 day pass first. Then purchase your IC semester pass. If you have any questions or problems, just call us at (607)277-RIDE (7433). We will be happy to help you. It may take 1-2 days for your new bus pass to work on the bus. In the meantime, please carry an alternate fare.
CU ID Card Privileges: All registered Cornell students receive unlimited rides on all TCAT buses after 6 p.m. weekdays, and anytime Saturday and Sunday. Students pay no fare (normally $1.50 in Zone 1 or $2.50 in Zone 2) when using their CU ID card at the farebox. Please note: Students must remain registered in order for their privileges to remain active. The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box-and read electronically-in order to ride at no cost.
Need more than just night and weekend bus access? Purchase OmniRide and use your CU ID card at the farebox for unlimited rides on all TCAT buses any time they run, anywhere they go in Tompkins County. OmniRide is sold only by Transportation Services, 116 Maple Ave.at 116 Maple Avenue or buy online at www.myparking.cornell.edu. (Only registered students can use the online system to purchase an OmniRide pass.)
Full-year OmniRide: $200, valid through 8/31.
- Students who purchase an FH resident housing parking permit automatically receive OmniRide for no additional fee.
- Student spouses with a CU ID can purchase OmniRide in the Transportation Services office at 116 Maple Ave.
- Students must remain registered in order for their privileges to remain active.
Please note: If you choose not to order OmniRide privileges in advance and wait until later in the year, it may take up to three business days to activate your ID for use at the farebox.
TC3 students can purchase bus pass privileges at a discounted rate loaded right onto their TC3 student ID card and can choose either the semester pass or basic pass option. TC3 passes must be purchased with Panther Dollars through your myCARD account.
TC3 Semester: Use yourTC3 photo ID card at the fare box to access unlimited-use transit privileges on all TCAT buses, at any time, anywhere in Tompkins County. $170 for the 4 month semester. A summer semester pass can be purchased for $85.
TC3 Basic: Use your TC3 ID at the farebox for unlimited rides on routes 43 & 75 only. These routes serve TC3 directly. No transfers are issued with the basic pass. $110 for the 4 month semester. Summer semester basic pass is available for $55.
*Please note: The TC3 photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box-and read electronically-in order to ride at no cost. It may take 1-2 days for your new bus pass to work on the bus. In the meantime, please carry an alternate fare.