The second phase of TCAT’s fall service rolls out Sun., Oct. 27, with route adjustments and additional trips thanks to the arrival of nine new buses.
For route updates and to plan their trips, passengers should refer to online schedules and maps, as well as an amended Fall 2019 TCAT Schedules available here. Printed copies of the amended ride guides will also be available at TCAT bus shelters, including Green St. Station and Seneca St. Station. A TCAT customer service representative will be on hand at Green St. Station from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday to answer riders’ questions. The existing, more comprehensive ride guide is still available online at and also can be found at key shelters. Those who wish to have printed ride guides or individual schedules and maps mailed to them can call (607) 277-RIDE (7433) or email TCAT at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the front desk at TCAT, 737 Willow Ave., between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Mon.-Fri. TCAT will update schedules online and in print in advance of the second part of the fall period starting Sun., Oct. 27. TCAT urges riders to take advantage of TCAT’s Bus Tracker and to download its trip-planning and real- time apps.
As announced earlier, TCAT this year created a two-phased fall service period, which ends Sat., Jan 18. This was so planners could make adjustments midway in anticipation of TCAT taking ownership of nine New Flyer 40-foot diesel buses, which arrived in September. Some of those buses are already in service and all are expected to be road ready in the coming days following equipment installation and state inspections.
The second phase of fall service will also include the launch of the new route 83W for more direct service to West Campus previously served by rural routes. The regular route 83 will continue to serve North Campus.
PLEASE NOTE: All routes impacted by the College Ave. construction project will remain on their existing detour until around Dec. 1, when the roadway will be partially reopened. At that time, routes 11N, 30, 51 and 70 will go back to using College Ave. as shown in amended schedules. (Riders are advised to check TCAT’s website and Bus Tracker for updates on the partial reopening.) Other routes affected by the College Ave. construction project to include 10, 32 and 72 will continue on their rerouted alignments until the end of the fall service period.
- Route 10: Route will continue using Stewart Ave. and not serve Collegetown until after the end of the fall service period. Numerous timing adjustments.
- Route 11: No changes.
- Route 11 N: Until around Dec. 1, route will continue Ithaca Rd., Oak Ave. and Stewart Ave. After that, the Cornell portion of route will travel northbound (outbound) on Stewart Ave. and southbound (inbound) using College Ave. as shown in amended ride guide.
- Route 11S: No changes.
- Route 13: No changes.
- Route 14: No changes.
- Route 14S: Timing adjustments on inbound and outbound weekday trips.
- Route 15: Addition of three afternoon Saturday trips at 2:55 p.m.; 3:55 p.m. and 4:55 p.m.
- Route 17: Numerous timing adjustments.
- Route 20: Timing adjustments. Removed service for West Campus that will now be served by the new 83W.
- Route 21: Timing adjustments. First Sunday a.m. trip moved 10 minutes earlier.
- Route 30: Until around Dec. 1, route will continue College Ave detour with outbound service running on Ithaca Rd. to Oak Ave. and inbound service running on Dryden Rd. to Elmwood Ave. to Ithaca Rd. When College Ave. is partially reopened around Dec. 1, route will go back to using College Ave. as shown in amended schedule. Timing adjustments to Friday trips. Also, timing adjustments on Green St. Station arrivals.
- Route 31: Addition of 4:35 p.m. and 5:35 p.m. trips.
- Route 32: Route will continue using Ithaca Rd, (366) and Hoy Rd.in both directions and not serve Collegetown until the end of fall service period.
- Route 36: Timing adjustments. Removed early inbound trip from Lake St. @ Ithaca High School.
- Route 37: Timing adjustments. West Campus trips removed as they will now be served by Route 83W.
- Route 40: Slight timing adjustments.
- Route 41: No changes.
- Route 43: Numerous timing adjustments. The 5:08 p.m. trip is no longer express.
- Route 51: Until around Dec. 1, route will remain on College Ave. detour with route using Hoy Rd. and Ithaca Rd. in both directions. After that, route will resume using College Ave. as shown in amended ride guide.
- Route 52: Timing adjustments.
- Route 53: Timing adjustments.
- Route 65: Minor timing changes to last trip. Added Saturday service to South Hill Business Park.
- Route 67: Timing adjustments.
- Route 70: Until around Dec. 1, route will remain on College Ave. detour with outbound service running on Ithaca Rd. to Oak Ave. and inbound service using Dryden Rd to Elmwood Ave to Ithaca Rd. After that, route will resume using College Ave. as shown in amended ride guide. Addition of two Sunday evening trips, plus timing adjustments.
- Route 72: Will continue using Ithaca Rd. (366) and Hoy Rd. and not serve Collegetown until after the end of the fall service period. Slight timing changes.
- Route 74: Timing adjustments.
- Route 75: Timing adjustments.
- Route 77: No changes.
- Route 81: No changes.
- Route 82: Significant timing changes throughout the schedule.
- Route 83: No changes.
- Route 83W: New route for more direct service to West Campus.
- Route 90: No changes
- Route 92: Minor timing adjustments.
- Route 93: No changes.